Wednesday, September 23, 2009

WOW #5!

Time for another Word of the Week Challenge.  I have been terrible at making samples, and so promised to get one done...and I did, this afternoon!  It is a double WOW, as I combined WOW #4 and #5 together.  "So to the dictionary we go!"...(I shouted that in my best "Let's go to the videotape!" voice...that's a famous sportscaster's line right?)

hobnob: 1. To drink sociably  2.  to associate familiarly

(That word makes me want to say it over and over again...someone should write a song with that word as the chorus!  It would be very catchy.....have fun!)



I made this fancy dress with a template from Stampington Magazine's website and Bo Bunny paper.  I figured it was the perfect evening wear for "hobnobbing" with the elite at a charity event!  I also decided to expend my supply of Kaiser Chocolate Pearls and make an elegant necklace.  I LOVE my Kaiser pearls and tend to just keep them in the package and stare at them!  Seriously, they are only $2.00 for a set, and I treat them like they are REAL!  The sentiment, and the jewels on the belt, are from Pink Persimmon's You're a Jewel set, and the floral background was made with 2 stamps from Pink Persimmon's Flower Garden set.

Be sure to upload your challenge creations to Splitcoast using the keyword "WOW05" or link your blog post back here in the comments section!

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Hobnobs are a type of cookie over here. Can I do a card with cookies :D.

MariLynn said...

Wow! That one is going to take some thinking!!!

ellen s. said...

oooh! i love to hobnob! lol

Sabrina said...

I just went for the biscuits, in the end :D
You could also say that the mice definitely hobnob together in my dad's house, according to your second definition.