Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day...to me!

Pink Persimmon sent us this awesome Bracket Album by KaiserCraft this month, and asked us to decorate it for someone special on Mother's Day or Father's Day.  I chose to celebrate...me! 

Let me explain. When I first got the project I thought "Oh dear." I felt the dreaded "twinge." My Dad died when I was 4 and my Mom died when I was 18, both from illness. They did have me as "older" parents but they were only in their 50's-60's which is young. Most people don't even know this about me, because I don't bring it up unless directly asked. Every year at school I would feel the "twinge" around Father's Day because of the projects. My teachers were always sympathetic and I joyfully would celebrate my 2 brothers-in-law, my uncles, etc...but I would get that twinge. So after my mother died, I carried on and celebrated my wonderful sisters (who are 17 and 24 years older than me!!), and now my wonderful mother-in-law...but still the twinge was there.

And THEN I became a mother...and the twinge is so tiny now that Mother's Day is one of the best days of the year for me! And so that is why I celebrated myself! It was so much fun to put this together! The only issue that came up was that there aren't that many pictures of the girls and me together because I am always the one behind the camera. (Jason took note of this, and said he will work on being the photographer here and there!)  

So here is my Mother's Day Album featuring Eva, Claire, and me!  I used beautiful papers from the "Fly a Kite" and "Thrift Shop" lines from October Afternoon.  I painted the edges of the frames with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Crackle Paint.  Listed below the pages are the stamp sets I used...


The next 2 pages open up together, as my pages are bound at the top.
Eva and Claire when they were born!

These 2 pages are for Eva! 
Ric Rac Circle, Flower Greetings

And the final pages are for Claire!

In case you can't see the fine print, my note to Eva said "We laugh at the same things.  Your laughter must be what sunshine sounds like."  My note to Claire said, "When people say we look alike, it makes me shine inside."

The girls LOVED looking at this.  Eva even said, "Mommy you are so SWEET!" ( I know, blushing!!)  I told Darcy and Judi (the owners of Pink Persimmon) that a new scrapbooking bug just may have bitten me. 
It was my very first scrapbook, and such fun to make!

Don't forget to stop by Pink Persimmon's Blog to see the awesome album that Kristie made on Tuesday, and Samantha made on Wednesday! 
 

8 comments:

Sabrina said...

Aw Kelly, I am glad you are able to really celebrate Mother's Day with only a tiny twinge now. This is such a cute little album. No scrapbooker, me, but I do think little mini-albums are such fun to make - you obviously did too. I didn't realise the girls were so close in age - the same as the gap between my and my brother, and him and my sister.
And whatever photos you did manage to find, at least they're gorgeous photos :D.

Kristie Larsen said...

ooh!! Such a cute job Kelly. I love the papers your chose to match with the stamps. Just perfect!

Jill Collett said...

Too awesome for words - Sniff, sniff :-)

Anonymous said...

Marion Goings said... Absolutely Fabulous. I think every mother should take time to celebrate themselves as well as their own mothers and "mother figures".

Linda Beeson said...

I am so amazed at how cute this is, I have to remember how you used the buttons, soooo cute and LOVE the gingham wagon and the bundles of flowers in it.

marilynprestonn said...

Awwww, what an adorable album! I gotta say those girls (youincluded) just love the camera! What a fine memory album for you to share! I'm glad I stopped by Kelly. Happy mother's day.

Crafty Math Chick said...

AWWWW! Such sweet projects & pictures (and I cannot believe how good you look after just giving birthday Kelly - miracle woman!). Sorry to hear about your parents, thatmust have been very difficult. HUGS!

~Meredith

Anonymous said...

Avon Lady, I rarely, if ever, visit blogs - way too time consuming, but I just found myself here! I love and appreciate the family history! I think there's no better mom to celebrate than yourself! I have to think the relationship you have with the girls might be somewhat different than the norm (if there's such a thing). Your mom and dad would be so proud! Hugs, Anne