Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sew Tragic!

This card is for Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge #14 seen here:



So I got out Waltzingmouse Stamps' Sewing Box Christmas stamp set, then decided to try out my sewing machine on a card (only my second attempt).  I broke the needle after 2 practice panels.  Jason even came in to help me put one back in.  Then the bobbin was a mess.  I managed to eek out 3 zigzag panels on this card before packing it back up....PLEASE DO NOT ENLARGE THIS PHOTO, heeeee! 

I loved Claire's sketch, so carried on with my "sewing theme" (how could I throw out the tree after I used FIFTEEN rhinestones on it...that WOULD be tragic!!)  I stamped the background on kraft paper using the open circle from Papertrey Ink's Polka Dot Basics.  I then filled them in with the snowflake image from WMS Sewing Box Christmas.  Thanks sewwww much for looking, giggle!

12 comments:

Jen said...

Such a cute little card... the gems take the little tree from "charlie brown's christmas" to Wow!
:)

Julia Aston said...

I hear ya with the sewing difficulties Kelly! sometimes it works perfectly and then other times........ but I love your card - your zig zags look swell! and your jeweled tree is so pretty! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch again this week GF!! I love seeing your folk artsy creations!

Pauline said...

Aaah, beautiful tree, love the stwinkly jewels, just what Christmas is all about, sparkle and fun!

Christina said...

Your little tree is so sweet with all of those gems! Love the way you stamped the snowflakes inside the open polka dots, I will have to remember that. And your stitching looks fantastic and adds just the right homespun touch!

Helen Berry said...

Kelly, this is totally gorgeous and the stitching looks fab - no-one would know the troubles you had if you hadn't shared!! Such a cute little tree and I love the little sparkles!! So clever of you to stamp the snowflake inside the circle stamp - really great effect as a patterned paper x

cherry said...

Love your tree! Very pretty card! Cherry

Monique said...

What an adorable card, I love the Gems on the Christmas tree...So cheerful. Great take on the sketch !!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Kelly! Love all the lil' rhinestones on that darling tree & your stitching looks great :) Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is wonderful...even your sewing! Great colours and I love all the bling!

Ruth M said...

Great card, I love the rhinestones on the tree baubles! Very nice colour combo too! Great take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

this is teeerific!!!! lol!! but really love the bling and your stamped background!!! Thanks for playing along at WMS!

Alice said...

beautiful card! love the pops of red in it so as the zig zag! =) thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!