Saturday, October 30, 2010

Waltzingmouse Stamps "Tag, You're it!" Challenge

Claire Brennan is offering up a most excellent prize at Waltzingmouse Stamps...100 pounds of stamps, hee!  Just kidding, she is offering up a gift certificate worth 100 (insert fancy L pounds currency symbol here) to a random player of her "Tag, You're It" Challenge!  My currency converter said that's close to 160.00 US dollars! 

The challenge is easy...make an elegant and beautiful Christmas tag!  You get a bonus prize of 25 more pounds worth of stamps if you use Waltzingmouse Stamps on your card, too!

I have been so wanting to play along, and finally got a chance when two little girls of mine (tired from all of the Halloween festivities so far) fell asleep "almost" early!

Here is my tag:


I used the snowflake images from WMS "Sewing Box: Christmas" set, and the house from "Sewing Box: Hugs" .  I paper-pieced it with SEI snowflake paper on the roof, and kraft paper (and PTI's Woodgrain Impression plate) for the house.  The wreath and the sentiment are from Papertrey Ink's Believe set. 

The paper in the background is that new REAL wood paper by Creative Imaginations.  It's the coolest stuff ever, and I am going to be heading back to Michael's where it was on sale the other day!  I chose "Thin Cherry".  Also used lots of Crystal Snow by Stampendous, and colored my windows to look "glowy" with some yellow markers.  Okay, my card is more "folksy" than elegant...so that's why I topped it off with cream satin ribbon.  Nothing says fancy like satin ribbon (though my gingham ribbon was SO mad at me for that)!

Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope to get one more tag done before the challenge deadline of November 6th...need to double my chances for Claire's generous prize!

Edited to add:  The final count of entries was 164 tags!  You must click on that link to see them all, they are amazing!  After the grand prize drawing, Claire generously chose 6 "Tag Spot Winners" for tags that "tickled" her fancy.  I am so thrilled to say that this tag was one of the 6 that tickled her, heee!  Claire Brennan is one of my stamping idols, so this is like winning the lotto to me!!  Thanks so much, Claire!

7 comments:

Carly said...

Wow this tag is amazing! Love it!

Maggie said...

Beautiful tag! I love the little house.
The cream satin ribbon makes it more elegant, but I can see why your gingham ribbon was mad at you :) It would look so cozy with the gingham.

Joyce across the Pond said...

Lovely tag! Great design!

Susan said...

That tag is too cute and so you, Kelly! I love the woody bg and the cute little house. I don't have any of Claire's stamps (yet), but I might just have to make a tag or two. Thanks for the update

Cassie_lu said...

love how you made the snow scene on wood

Katarina said...

Wow, I love this tag!

Sue McRae said...

Fabulous tag! Love all the texture and layers!