Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz

It's the 17th, so it's time for another Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz!  I have a quick post for you today. Let me just say that I have the hardest time making masculine cards, which is the theme this month.  So I am just leaving it at ..."You knew what I was going for, right?"  Hee! 

On a GREAT note, my new WMS stamps from the May release are here...including Gingham & Company, woo hoo! 

I tried my best to make a distressed masculine quilty/flannel-y looking shirt/blanket, but the lighting was horrible for this photo.  On the first go around, I ruined the bottom sentiment panel (when I was all finished) because I stamped the first 2 words of the sentiment, and about half of the rest of them!  So I ripped it off and re-stamped... apparently what I thought was a straight line was not!  The sweet sentiment is from "Blessed by You". 

Thanks for stopping by, I'll do better on the next masculine waltz (I am just crossing my fingers that it is 12 months from now, giggle!)

Stamps:  Gingham & Company, sentiment from Blessed by You, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream, Fine Linen
Ink:  PTI Scarlet Jewel, Ocean Tides, and Smokey Shadow, Colorbox Chesnut, Stazon Timber Brown, PTI Tea Dye Duo, Tim Holtz Antique Linen
Other:  Martha Stewart Baker's Twine in Brown, PTI Dark Chocolate buttons, hemp twine

19 comments:

Kary said...

Hi Kelly, this is a fun masculine card!! Love the gingham piecing.

Deborah Frings said...

Love what you've done with the gingham!! Looks fantastic!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful quilt you created Kelly!! love it!

Joanne Gilch said...

I think it's a manly patched flannel shirt for sure. did you ever see a perfectly patched flannel shirt that was perfectly lined up? NO...love the card...fab job.....

Bonnie said...

It looks fabulous Kelly! I love it!

Crafty Math Chick said...

LOL, you did FINE Kelly, love all the gingham from my favorite gingham girl! ;)
~Meredith

Cassie_lu said...

great patchwork card

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This card just screams cozy and warm Kelly!! I love all your gingham panels and the fabulous buttons you added!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I think this is so fun and a great idea for a card front! I love the colors and all of your little panels! I never would have thought gingham for a guy card and you did a great job with it!

Bumblebee said...

Love your gingham!!! I love patchwork cards, and this is fab!

cherry said...

Soooo sweet and perfect for a guy! cherry

Karen B. said...

I can see the flannel blanket in your card, what a neat idea!

Cyndie said...

They really do look like patches of flannel! Way to go!

LaurieJ said...

Ooh, a whole card of gingham, with buttons and twine included. Can it get any better?!! Love it!

Lee said...

Love your gingham patchwork card. Masculine but warm and cozy too!

snowbear said...

Flannel... a great choice for guys! Good job.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Wow! It's a perfect male card Kelly. Brilliant use of the stamps - may need to case that idea from you if that's okay for all the menfolk in my life. A wonderful creation.
Hugs,
Sharon xx
P.S. Thanks you so much for the wonderful words you left on my blog today - I was so touched by them.

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Cozy-10! Masculine-10! Yep! You did it again and if you wish it, I hope you don't have to do it again for another 12 months unless you REALLY want too!! grin! Now, you had a different gingham that was hard to line up. How does this one work for you?!!

Joyce across the Pond said...

Ach.....it's great......just like my DH's warm brushed cotton shirts...yeh....I can't see anything wrong with it at all!!