Monday, September 5, 2011

Pomegranate's Pineapple

Made this card for this week's Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers...#300!  Stef chose the website Pomegranate Inc. which is so lovely.  I chose the Blue Pineapple fabric print as my inspiration piece.


It could not be a more dreary "day-before-school-starts" day here, so my picture and mood are decidedly dimmer than usual!  Making this card did cheer me up a bit, though.  Used one of my favorite Papertrey Ink images, the pineapple from First Fruits.  I cut the inner edges as Nichole Heady demonstrated on her blog when this set debuted (long ago it seems!), then added some Liquid Pearls to the center. 

I told you that I am in love with the My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Rose die, and slightly addicted to making the roses.  I must add that if you have one and are having trouble with it, be sure to go and watch Joanne Basile's You Tube tutorial about them.  You will be rolling them up in no time (the pliers are key!!).  I had made one with muslin fabric earlier this week.  Today I asked myself the question..."Now what would Melissa Phillips do with this little rose?"  Somehow I thought she would add it right to this pineapple, always love how she places little embellishments in surprising places! More papers from October Afternoon's 5 & Dime Collection.  Their paper lines are just my style, and I always seems to have the ink pads that match their color schemes!

2 comments:

Jen Adcock said...

Gorgeous! I reckon a blue tipped pineapple absolutely needs a fabulous rolled rose to finish. In fact, the card looks rather heritage-fab if you ask me. The DP paired with that lovely gigham ribbon is wonderful. I also love that peek-a-boo window as well. Perfection!

Cathy Weber said...

Aren't you the craftiest person around? I love that What would Melissa Phillips do question? I think you must have channeled her because that little rose is perfect on top of the pineapple! Such a sweet card, sorry you are feeling dreary with school starting, but think of us who started 3 weeks ago, the hottest time of the Summer. Glad your cardmaking cheered you up a bit.