Saturday, February 16, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CATHY!

Today we are celebrating Cathy Weber's birthday with a little blog hop!  How fun to have a birthday so close to Valentine's Day...makes it extra sweet, just like Cathy!

I chose some sets from Waltzingmouse Stamps that I have an inkling are some of Cathy's faves:)  I have seen her use them herself on some gorgeous cards!


I colored the teacup and flowers from Afternoon Tea Sentiments with Copic markers, which was really fun since I usually just paper-piece the cup!  Added a lovely "wallpaper" background from Nordic Spring...of course I chose hearts!


A little doily, some peach twine, and another border of the hearts dotted with some Liquid Pearls.  Also added some glaze pen detail on the insides of the flowers and leaves so that they looked "dewy!"  The sentiment is from Bountiful Basket Additions.  I loved using this bright color scheme...made me think of spring.  Of course, Cathy probably gets to look outside her window at these colors right now since she's in California...but I am sure she must not be bored of them quite yet ;)

BIG HUGS, Cathy!  I hope you have a wonderful day, enjoying time with your lovely family...and hopefully getting a bit inky, TOO!

Now off you go to celebrate a bit more with these lovely ladies...


Supplies:
Stamps:  Afternoon Tea Sentiments, Nordic Spring, Bountiful Basket Additions, all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI Vintage Cream, October Afternoon Sidewalks
Ink:  Memento Espresso Truffle, Fresh Ink in Melon, Copic markers
Other:  Doily, Liquid Pearls in White Opal, A Muse Studio pearls, peach twine, Sakura Glaze pen





8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly this is just so so pretty, that tea cup is fabulous and Cathy is going to love it too!

Cathy Weber said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful card and for playing a part in my birthday blog hop Kelly. I love your cards, and I can't believe you colored that big teacup! I wouldn't dream of trying to color it, but you did it so perfectly. I do love WM stamps...you know that and how nice to see one of my favorite sets used just for me! Thank you so much...I appreciate you and your friendship so much!

Joyce said...

My oh my--what a sweet card. Beautiful colors, excellent coloring, and just perfect for Cathy in every way. So fun to finally get to party with you, Kelly!

Kim Heggins said...

This is so stunning! So perfect to celebrate cathy's special day. I love your adorable tea cup and fabulous flowers. Your background is so beautiful too, very creative!

Marybeth said...

Kelly this is beautiful! You know Cathy is always adding wallpaper to her cards ..window cards etc. So the heart wp was perfect! You did an amazing job coloring this , with beautiful colors. I would have paper pieced because I don't trust myself to color a large image. Hope you enjoy your weekend. Did you buy the PTI hair clip dies just wondering with your girls. I did.

Pauline said...

So beautiful Kelly, what a gorgeous card for Cathy!

Sharron said...

This is just the sweetest card, Kelly! You did an amazing job coloring the teacup and pansies. The soft colors and the heart background are so pretty and I love the tiny pearls at the bottom.

~Tammy~ said...

This is so pretty! I love the soft colors! Love the tea cup and flowers! A real treat for the eye!