Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fresh Star Sketch


Scroll down for the Challenge Chicks new challenge and Joyce's Birthday Blog Hop card!

How about another post today?  Had to get in some more crafty time to get Freshly Made Sketch # 84 done before tomorrow.  This one is by the talented and sweet Linda Suarez...



I love the little banner that Linda put in the sketch!  I would never have thought of that.  I made mine with 2 strips of linen washi tape.  The awesome papers are from Simple Stories "Summer Fresh" collection and the denim from Crate Paper's Random collection.  I am pretty sure that I will cry when I don't have any more of that denim!!


The star was made with Spellbinders Nestabilities Stars Five and a mini medallion cut with Memory Box's "Woodrow Rosette" die.  That little thing can be hard to put together, but when I can get it to work I am so happy with the results!  The sentiment is from Seasons of Love-Tags by Waltzingmouse Stamps.

Can't wait to see next week's sketch!  Thanks to the Design Team for all of the lovely inspiration which can be found HERE!


4 comments:

Jen Timko said...

I just love everything about this! The linen tape, the layers on the star...fabulous! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

I love this card! Linen washi tape?!? What a great product! Your combination of dsp and colors is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Sharron said...

Fabulous card, Kelly! Love the layering and those awesome papers! I agree, the denim is wonderful and the linen is very cool too.

Jan said...

This card was by far my favorite one from those that did the challenge.