Monday, June 9, 2014

Back in the Saddle....Sketch

I'm back after a stamping absence for most of May.  I have a lot of catching up to do with some past projects, but to get "back in the saddle" I started with a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches by Rita Wright. These sketches always provide me with a wonderful starting point!


I turned the sketch and chose to make a bit of a shaker card...


I used the Phrase Play #1 set from Papertrey Ink and some papers from Dear Lizzy and DCWV.  The sparkly star is cut with PTI's Seeing Stars dies.  I used some super sparkly silver paper from Renee Lynch ;). Think she said it's from Michael's!


I added a stencil from DCWV along the bottom with some white embossing paste from Wendy Vecchi.  The sentiment from Phrase Play #1 is heat embossed in white on the acrylic window.  I wanted to be able to see the sparkly silver stars inside, but still see the textured arrows!

Will be back this week with some past 12 Kits projects and a challenge with the Challenge Chicks!  See you soon and thanks for stopping by today!


7 comments:

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! This is an absolute work of art! Love all the techniques that you used, and how you did the inlaid and then brought it on top. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Lovell said...

This is one amazing card!! I just love everything about it! Great details!
Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!!

Amy O said...

Fabulous! I love everything about this card, and how you've really planned the details on it. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful card! I love the star tucked behind the you and the star sequins. Great texture from the stencil too!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this! Such an awesome card with amazing techniques uses. Thank you for your sweet comment. xo

Jennifer Snyder said...

I adore your shaker card. Such cool technique. I have never done one. I also absolutely adore your style. It feels so fresh and clean and you have a great sense of fun about your work.
It was great to meet you at Hobby Lobby to chat stamping and card making. Jennifer Snyder http://scrap-escape.blogspot.com/

Jill Norwood said...

A beautiful card Kelly! :)