Sunday, May 10, 2015

Long Overdue...

I had to participate with Melissa Phillips' Make it Monday this week...she made the most adorable tag pairing Gelatos with stamped images.  I have been missing stamping so much and have a ton to catch up on, including Tracey's beautiful kit at 12 Kits of Occasions this month.  It's my busiest time of year at work, and I have been buried under a mountain of evaluation reports.  The girls have had so many school and after school activities and appointments that there seems to be no free time, even on the weekend.

Since it was Mother's Day weekend, I squeaked out 30 minutes or so to try this technique.  I used the Green Thumb and Turning a New Leaf stamp set, and the new Chicken Scratch Gingham paper in Lavender Moon.


I used the "Tropical" Gelatos and PTI White Linen cardstock.  The inks are mainly Memento dye inks.


I had fun adding some "Melissa" details such as Stickles, rhinestones, twine, and a butterfly cut from Linen cardstock and then 2 layers of vellum.

I have LOVED looking at the samples so far!  See you all soon!

11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This is SO pretty! Love the combination of flowers and colors you used and the softness the gelatos brought to them! And that butterfly is just too sweet with all its layers! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Kara Lynne said...

Such a delightful array of flowers, and the gelato "glow" is gorgeous! I get what you mean about this busy time of year, sometimes I think May is busier than December!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty!

Sandy S. said...

I LOVE your card! You picked all the right elements (and had all the right supplies!).

They made that chicken scratch paper just for your, didn't they?

maria f. said...

Perfectly done, Kelly! Love your colors, the glow and that lilac gingham up top!

Lindsey said...

Kelly, this is stunning!!! I can't believe you created it so quickly. I hope you are surviving. I know all too well what you mean about this being the busiest time of year....all that paperwork! Hoping the parents are kind, your fingers can fly across the keyboard, and that your nights are filled with at least a decent amount of sleep. :)

Unknown said...

so cute!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a gorgeous card!

Gina said...

Kelly, I have no idea if you'll see this comment since your post is 2 years old - but Nichole featured it on her blog today. I LOVE this card! It makes me want to go buy Gelatos and order Green Thumb, even though it's in the Vault just so I can create something similar. It makes me smile. It makes me think of Spring. It just makes me happy to look at because it is so lovely! :)

Lindsey said...

Kelly, I've always loved this card. What a delight to see Nichole feature it on her blog today! Yay for you!!!

nancy said...

Kelly, your card was so cheerful on Nichole's blog that I had to come over and take a closer look. This card is just as fabulous today as it was almost two years ago. How did you make it in 30 minutes?!