Sunday, March 19, 2017

Preppy Flowers Sketch

This week at Freshly Made Sketches, Rita Wright created a fun, layered sketch!


I used these sweet new Artsy Flower Parts from Simon Says Stamp to make a "preppy" flower card...


My card looked a little flat, so I popped up a second stamped flower over some in my garden (thanks, Kara, although I can't seem to remember which card I saw you do this on!).  The background is stamped with an old Cornish Heritage Farms backgrounder called "Open Plaid."


The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set called "You're So Lovely," and the two banners are stamped with PTI's "Background Basics: Retro" and "Polka Dot Basics."  A cheery card since spring arrives tomorrow (...I'll believe that when I see it, seeing as how we got 26 inches of snow in the Rochester area last week)!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

So fun!!

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty colors you picked Kelly!! This is wonderful!

Kim S said...

I LOVE your garden! What a fun set, I hadn't paid it any attention until I saw your card. Love the cheerful garden colors backed with the navy blue. Fabulous contrast! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Karen said...

I just put this set on my "wish list," and this colorful, fun card popped up and sealed the deal. Love it!