Sunday, October 8, 2017

Owen's 11

My great-nephew Owen turned 11 on Tuesday and we celebrated his birthday yesterday.  I've always made cards for him, and this sweet sensitive guy may be my biggest fan!  

He always brings the card over to his mom (my niece) and says "Mom, will you save this for me?" in a quiet voice.  He says he wants to have a bulletin board when he's "older" and put all of my cards on it :).  It's so funny because his uncle (my nephew) who is 3 months younger than me has bulletin boards in his garage, saving treasures such as all of his ski badges, pictures of every car he's ever owned, etc.

Owen is a fan of paint ball, nerf guns...so I used every ink splat set I had to create this card...


Ink splat sets include PTI's "Watercolor Wonder," WPlus9 Studio's "Ink Splats," and Concord & 9th's "Oh Hello" set for Simon Says Stamps Stamp-tember celebration.  The numbers down the side are cut with PTI's "Headline Numbers" die set.


Used Impress Fresh Inks and A Muse Studio inks for my colors.  Added some glossy accents to the "11."  Love how it looks next to the double L's in "hello" :). So much fun to get inky this Columbus Day weekend!

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a fun card!!